My Generation Did A Number Of Wrong Things To Nigeria – Obasanjo Admits

My Generation Did A Number Of
Wrong Things To Nigeria –
Obasanjo Admits






Erstwhile President, Olusegun Obasanjo on
Monday admitted that his generation failed
Nigeria.
Obasanjo made the remark at the one-day
Trade Fair seminar of Kaduna Chamber of
Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture,
KADCCIMA.
The former President said though his
generation made some mistakes, they also laid
the foundation for the country’s democracy.
According to Obasanjo, “Look, don’t worry
unduly about the mistake the generation
before you had made. When people talk to me
and said ‘yes, you are wrong.’ I will accept
that my generation had done a number of
wrong things. But, we must have done some
good things as well.
“My own generation fought for the unity of
Nigeria. You cannot deny that. There are many
things we must have done wrong but we
fought for the unity of this country. I still have
shrapnel from grenades that entered my body
that our brothers shot at me during the civil
war. But, at the end of it, we reconciled.
“In addition, my generation laid the foundation
of democracy in the country. Our democracy
is not perfect, our democracy is a journey and
not a destination; we must continue to
improve on it. My sons and daughters, what
will your generation do?
“Condemnation is easy but what will you do?
There are some people who have taken the
bull by the horn and tried their best. But, all in
all Nigeria is still intact. There are many
countries that fought civil wars and they are
not together. Obasanjo
‘’Yugoslavia, Pakistan, Sudan, we fought a civil
war sadly, but we are still together. I thank for
God and thank those who made that possible.
Part of our problems is that our leaders have
not taken the bull by the horn, ready to buy
the bullet.
‘’We cannot have it easy like that for us to
develop. You must be ready to take the bull
by the horn. India, Malaysia, and some other
countries did it. We have to do it at one time
or the other.”
Earlier the former President had advised
Nigerians against blaming God for the
country’s current challenges.
Via Daily Post a