EcoTvSportNews: Why I Will Never Coach Barcelona Again – Guardiola

EcoTvSportNews:  Why I Will Never Coach
Barcelona Again – Guardiola





Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has
said he will never return to Barcelona.
The Spaniard has been tipped as one of the
potential successors to Luis Enrique, who will
quit at the end of this season.
Guardiola managed Barcelona between 2008
and 2012, overseeing one of the most
successful periods in the club’s history.
“Never again,” he said when asked about a
potential return. “My period at Barcelona is
over.”
Guardiola was speaking ahead of City’s
Champions League last-16 second leg tie
against Monaco. The Premier League side
hold a 5-3 lead ahead of the game in France.
“It would be a huge mistake to think about
what we have done and forget about what we
have to do,” Guardiola said.
“I want to see my team from the first minute
want to win the game. We have to score
goals.
“Monaco are a fantastic team. I invite the
people to come here and they will see a good
game tomorrow.
“The best way (to defend) is score goals.
When one team scores that many goals and
you think about just defending, you kill
yourself.
“The idea is to try and attack. We scored five
goals when it’s not easy to score against
them.”
Guardiola added: “I am not thinking about
being in the semi-finals seven times in a row. I
am here to help Manchester City reach the
next round.
“What I want is tomorrow to make a good
game. I want to be in the quarter-finals, it
would be a dream for me.”